How was your week? My week was dominated by a flooded basement, a crazy stressed out wife, and wondering why the heck I moved to Medina, Ohio. However, we have an emergency fund which paid for the flood along with some insurance coverage. The moral of the story is that an emergency fund makes a crisis turn into an inconvenience.
Let’s get to some personal finance articles of the week that I think are worth reading:
- 5 Easy Ways to Slash Summer Energy Bills: Not the most exciting article from Fox Business, BUT, these energy-saving tips are worth a look.
- How long between leaps? Marketing expert, Seth Godin, discusses why change should not be viewed as a threat.
- What If You Have A LOT of Crap to Sell? If you have a lot of junk in your house (my Mom and my Aunt), then this article is for you.
- Setting Up a New House on a Tight Budget Moving into a new house can be expensive. This article from the “Simple Dollar” talks about how to deal with it.
- The Debt Drop: Some encouraging news Is credit card use for young people on the decline. I hope so.